Thursday 29 August 2019

MATCHBOX BUS

Just recently I rescued this tiny bus, that was looking a little sorry for itself on a market stall!




And when I say tiny, I mean tiny, as it only measures 50mm in length!!
Although it's missing most of its original paint, it has a fantastic charm about it. 




Of course, I knew the bus was a classic Matchbox, made by Lesney, but I didn't realise it was one of their first productions.

They were produced between 1954 and 1955, and as you can see, it's a No. 5, making it only the fifth model they'd made.
Its model number is actually 5a, as they brought a different version a couple of years later.

Very cleverly, and rather brilliantly, they put the model number on the front and back of the bus, instead of underneath, to look like a bus number!





It was bought as stock, but my heart is telling me to keep this little gem a while longer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment