Tuesday 23 July 2019

MYSTERIOUS GIRL!

For this Sunday's TAUNTON'S VINTAGE & SALVAGE FAIR I'm bringing along this amazing sepia-tinted print ...



But just who is the mystery girl???
And how old is it???

Tantalizingly, it has some writing on the back, written in pencil. But the only bit I can make out are the words 'brown eyes'. Which was probably written by the photographer.

At first glance I thought it was Edwardian, but looking closer at the hairstyle and the style of the dress, it could actually be from the 1920s.

The print is actually quite big, measuring in at 50cm x 40cm, but unfortunately has suffered a bit of wear and tear over the years.

Especially the 'tear' bit ... as it had been torn into three pieces and thrown away.
So I rescued it and have given our mystery girl another life, and hopefully a new home.

If you fancy having a go at solving this puzzle, then run along to Woodlands Castle this Sunday and find this on my stall!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment