Wednesday 25 March 2020

BILL RIEFLIN

Today I'm shocked and saddened to hear of the passing of one of my musical heroes, BILL  RIEFLIN, at only 59.


For me he'll always be a massive part of the staggering Industrial scene of the late 80s and 90s, as the drummer of Ministry and many other Alternative bands.

But his career took him down many paths, including the fantastic Swans, and ending up in REM and King Crimson.

I always chuckled when I saw him, either live or on video, in amongst the chaos and noise of a Ministry gig, drumming away dressed in a pristine white shirt and tie!

I don't believe in any god, religion or afterlife, (how can you when you are an Alternative music fan!), but it would be cool to think Bill is already starting up a band with his old mate Paul Raven!!! 


Check him out here, sharing drumming duties with Martin Atkins on one of favourite ever tracks – Burning Inside by Ministry ... 




No comments:

Post a Comment