Tuesday 2 November 2021

I FORT SO!

For various reasons I haven't been to a decent gig for AGES. I miss it loads ... the buzz, the anticipation, the sweaty venue, the ringing ears!


So like many I have to resort to checking out YouTube, and today found the legendary Belgian EBM band FRONT 242 performing in Gothenburg just over a week ago.

What an incredible performance it was, from a band I've seen many, many times. Effortlessly cool, with a spot-on sound, lights, and magnificent photo montages and images on the screen behind the stage.

Was also delighted to see the Maunsell Forts during one of their songs, the old WW2 sea forts sitting, and rusting away, in the Thames Estuary!!
They can be seen from along the coast a bit at my old haunts in Southend, and very clearly from the north Kent coast.
Great to see them again!!
 


And check out Front 242 – what a band!!

No comments:

Post a Comment