Wednesday 29 November 2017

ART DECO CABINET

I've finished the cabinet I've been working on recently!
I picked up the modest 1930s cabinet at Shepton Mallet Flea Market and have transformed it into a delightful Art Deco collector's piece!!!





It is decorated with original pages from the lovely magazine THEATRE WORLD.
The issue I used was from January 1938 and is packed with iconic names from the stage and screen.


A closer look at the collage on top of the cabinet.
The fantastic cover features Bobby Howes and Cicely Courtneidge. Laurence Olivier, Robert Donat and Ivor Novello are amongst the other stars.

Here is a list of all London's West End theatres.

A very dapper Cyril Ritchard enjoying a crafty fag!

An impossibly young-looking Flora Robson keeps an eye on things.


Theatre legend Terence Rattigan is in the middle of this section.


Painted in a stylish black, this piece of furniture could be used as a bedside cabinet or in a lounge to store all your favourite vintage magazines. 
You can then place a gorgeous antique Art Deco lamp on it, or of course your cocktail glass!



AND THAT'S NOT ALL!!

Take a look inside and you'll see I've decorated it with more pages of THEATRE WORLD!






The final touch was to source an original 1930s doorknob to replace the one which was on there, as I didn't like it. I wanted a more stylish one!
Finally I found one in Bridport's street market!



And just in case you didn't know who did all this work, check inside the door ...


Let me know if you would like this cabinet, as its for sale! 
It would make an amazingly unique Xmas pressie!!

Get in touch NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment