Thursday 27 November 2014

WOR JACKIE!

Have been plundering the ArtPix Archives Footie Department to find some material for a new Retro Football collage. And I've chosen NEWCASTLE UNITED as my next subject...

I found this glorious portrait of Newcastle legend JACKIE MILBURN from 1949 to set the ball rolling.



Nicknamed 'Wor' Jackie by the Geordie faithful, he enjoyed a fabulous career in the North-East. Not only did he grab 200 goals for them, but he led them to 3 FA Cup wins in the 1950s.

Unbelievably, the 1955 FA Cup triumph remains their last major domestic trophy.

I already have some interesting Newcastle memorabilia for the collage, and I'm looking forward to putting it all together. Once I've finished all the scanning of course!!!


My list of completed Retro Football collages so far is:

ARSENAL

CHARLTON ATHLETIC

CHELSEA

CRYSTAL PALACE

EVERTON

LIVERPOOL

MANCHESTER CITY

MANCHESTER UNITED

QUEENS PARK RANGERS

SOUTHEND UNITED

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

WEST HAM UNITED


Check them all out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment