Tuesday 31 January 2023

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Well that's January done at last!!!

To be honest, it was a very slow start to the year.

Bad weather, not being able to get out, people not spending money, and worst of all ... no vintage markets!!!


At least that was remedied, with my first market of the year, at the Giant Shepton Flea on the 22nd.

Brilliant to be back out there and selling, I was missing getting up at 4am and standing around all day!!!

Had a brilliant days trading, and it really boosted my flagging confidence.



I've also been lucky recently with new stock, finding some amazing stuff, which makes me think things really are springing back to life now. 


 

As the weather has finally been drier recently, I've managed to get out into my yard and start again on some renovation projects. My house is literally full of stuff waiting to be sorted out!

Us vintage traders are the best recyclers in the world, as we can spot things left abandoned by a roadside, rescue them, and then give them a new lease of life.

The last thing I found was a 1950s Lloyd Loom seat, which had been left out in the rain.

I'm currently repairing it and re-covering the seat, and will be out at the markets soon seeking a new home!


Talking of markets, my next one will be the brilliant Langport Vintage Market on 11th February! 

Do come along if you are in the Somerset/South West area, and fancy seeing some amazing vintage stuff!


See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment