Friday 30 December 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR??

That's another year over!!!


As this country has lurched from farce to farce this year, with the rich getting ever more richer, it's been another 'interesting' year for small traders!!!


My plans for expansion are STILL on hold...

Can't invest in a bigger van, storage is too expensive, a bigger unit would be risky, and absolutely forget the dream of opening a shop.

So I'm still trading at vintage fairs, which have actually been brilliant this year.

Have my regulars at Bridport and Langport, plus Shepton Flea, but owing to the criminal fuel prices, have been reluctant to try new fairs further afield.

I'm still selling online, via Facebook Marketplace, where sales can fluctuate wildly.

Can get a flurry of sales, then nothing for ages, with of course the regular idiots and timewasters to deal with. Is this still available???!!!


One thing I have changed though, is doing stuff on social media.

Lets be honest, its mostly a complete waste of time.

I now don't really post on Facebook at all, and my poor little Blog has been abandoned as well!

I have started on Instagram though, and just keep it simple, posting regular pictures on there, with minimum text.

But apart from a few responses, its still not really worth it.

I'll keep this Blog going though, as this was my first foray into dabbling online some 12 years ago.


Have at least enjoyed restoring many pieces of vintage furniture this year.

Has really taken me away from the computer and designing and creating collages.

Again, as there is zero response to my artworks and designs, I feel its more worthwhile restoring furniture. At least I can sell it.


First market of the new year will be the Giant Shepton Flea on January 22nd, so find me there and support small traders!!!


Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment