Friday 30 September 2022

FOUND PHOTO

I do love a 'found photo'!

By that I mean, when you're scrabbling through all sorts of bits and pieces at vintage fairs and boot fairs, suddenly a gorgeous or unusual old photograph pops up.


I'm always drawn to old photos, as not only do I love them, but I usually actually do something with them.

I scan them and add them to my of vintage-inspired digital collages.


One such photograph I found recently was this amazing and intriguing portrait of a woman.


 

From the hairstyle and clothes it looks to be Edwardian, but could possibly be older, edging back into the 1890s.

She looks like she had bags of personality, and a little artistic, or possibly she was an actress.

You always wonder what happened to these people, and what fate had in store for them.

The only clue on the photo, is that the photographer's name was (I think), O. David, who had studios in Glasgow & Edinburgh.

We shall never know who she was, but at least her picture has been saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment