Tuesday 12 October 2021

PROGRESS REPORT

Welcome to my increasingly sparse blogs of late!!!

This is just a quick update on all things ArtPix.


The precarious world of the vintage trader carries on ... this year has been another odd year to say the least.

The weather has been a massive factor this year with vintage markets and boot fairs. Has been either too wet, too cloudy, too windy, too sunny, or too hot. Only rarely has it been just right for an outdoor market.

The classic situation was a Shepton Flea Market earlier this year, as always you check the forecast and just hope for dry weather, then on the day it was scorching hot. Which meant most potential punters wanted to be somewhere else, so didn't turn up, and those that came were too hot and just wanted to go home!!!

Online sales were a promising sideline for me this year, but since the various crisis recently sales have completely plummeted, so back to scrapping for a living at the boot fairs.

But there have been a few plus points, my unit at The Customs House in West Bay has been absolutely flying.

 

And I've again had floods of ideas for various projects and artworks. Have also worked on loads of renovation projects, ever so slowly improving my skills and getting better results. 

 


I still have five or six bits of amazing furniture to restore, so that'll keep me busy!

I'm currently working on three different collage artworks at the moment as well, and making various things from driftwood and recycled wood.

 


I always try and stay positive even though everything is always against making a living out of vintage and art, especially at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment