Thursday 3 October 2019

ARTPIX UPDATE!

Here we are in October already!!

The weather stopped me doing a few markets over the last couple of months, so I'm very pleased that I've started booking up some indoor and undercover ones for the Autumn and Winter!!

First up will be a brand new one for me – LANGPORT VINTAGE MARKET in deepest Somerset on 12th October.
This is a great market and I'm really looking forward to this.
I'll be in an area of the Town Hall called the Undercroft, which means, hooray, no rain to worry about!



I've been working on a few upcycling and furniture restoring projects recently, and have just finished an unusual Art Deco light. Once I've taken some photos, I'll show you!


Last Saturday I went up to London to see Chelsea play, a rare occasion for me these days.
What was even scarcer was that it was a Premier League match at 3pm on a Saturday!!
With TV moving matches around these are very rare indeed. 
Made a nice change as I usually see only cup games, especially when I worked in London, I would pop along straight from work in midweek.



Made my usual stop at the Gate 17 publishers stall outside Fulham Broadway Station...
These lads are 'Proper Chels' and bring out loads of quality books, and the iconic Chelsea fanzine CFCUK.
Was very pleased to get a copy of Carefree! – Chelsea Chants & Terrace Culture signed by co-author Mark Worrall.




Carrying on the football theme, I'm also doing another of my Retro Football collages.
This time it's LEEDS UNITED.


Although always controversial, no-one can deny they are an integral part of the classic football era of the 60s and 70s.
I've had loads of requests to do a collage of them, and it's been great getting together all the bits and pieces ready for scanning and photographing.
I'll let you know when it's finished!!



Spirits have been low after a not-particularly-successful Summer, so fingers crossed for a brilliant last few months of the year.

You can keep in touch with all my markets on my website, and I'll keep you posted here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment