Friday 8 January 2016

RELAXING IN DORSET!

This is my first blog of 2016!

I've been enjoying my first week of a month long sabbatical from work. So I'm in total relaxing mode at the moment!!!
Instead of my daily commute on the train from Southend to sample the delights of Euston in London, I'm currently in Burton Bradstock in Dorset.

I'm staying at Norburton Hall, an insanely gorgeous manor house, that was reworked into an Arts and Crafts gem in 1902.

I'm starting to get back into all things ArtPix though, having cleared my lungs of all the pollution Euston Road has to offer, by longs walks along Chesil Beach! 

Here are a few piccies to show you of my travels so far...

Norburton Hall, owned and reworked by the splendidly named Edward Toronto Sturdy!


A view of the hall from the grounds.

The trees in the foreground were planted from seeds brought back by Edward from New Zealand.

Their official name is Cuppressus Macrocarpas, in case you were wondering!

This is a lovely spot, by a stream just outside Burton Bradstock.
Just 15 minutes walk from the house is the stunning Hive Beach.


The amazing sweep of Chesil Beach going off towards the Isle of Portland.

On this day there was a really strong wind, creating amazing waves!

On the same beach, looking the other way towards the Golden Cap and Lyme Regis.

The lovely old harbour at Weymouth.

The sun setting on Portland Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment