Tuesday 24 December 2013

HAPPY VINTAGE CHRISTMAS!

Hope you all have a splendid vintage Christmas!!!

Here is a little Christmas story for you on this Christmas Eve....

For as long as I can remember there was always this little lead soldier that was put on to my parents' Christmas tree every year. He became part of tradition in the ArtPix household. Putting in an appearance to join in the festivities....



And this year while I was down in Devon a couple of weeks ago, I fetched the tree and decorations down from the loft for my Mum and Dad and there he was, in one of the boxes!

I then realised I'd never known where he came from.....

My Dad told me he found him in a puddle, by a kerb in Piccadilly Circus some time in the 1960s. He rescued him from his watery grave and has had pride of place on the Christmas tree every year since!

So the moral of the story is, keep a look out for stray toys the next time you are in Piccadilly!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment