Wednesday 10 July 2019

WEYMOUTH v SOUTHEND UNITED

On Friday I'm off to see two footballing seaside towns do battle!
Both which have strong ArtPix links as well!!

I lived for many, many years in Southend-on-Sea, and the first ever football match I went to was Southend United v Cambridge United in 1977.
My brother is Southend's star fan, who has seen over 1,500 games in a row!!!

And now I live on the Isle of Portland in Dorset, just a short hop from Weymouth.
They are a big club in non-league circles, and have a long and proud history going back to 1890.
Over the years they've had many famous names playing and managing them.

So maybe I'll have divided loyalties?!
Now I'm a Portlander, who are big rivals of Weymouth, I'll be rooting for my old mates Southend!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment