Friday 15 June 2018

BEACH COLLAGE

I've put together a Dorset decoupage design with a seaside and beach theme, from bits and pieces I had knocking around the ArtPix Studio!



Various print-outs, ideas and old projects were used, plus an original vintage postcard. All bunged on a 50cm x 40cm canvas painted in a vivid blue, perfectly representing a summer sky by the sea.


This is the original postcard, a classic John Hinde card from the 1960s, of Lulworth Cove, from a picture taken by one his photographers Elmar Ludwig. Hinde was a legendary postcard producer throughout the 50s to the 80s, with the use of enhanced colours and people in the foreground a specialty of his cards!


I love this photo of two women dipping their toes in the sea! It was originally from a 1920s photo album that I bought years ago in Greenwich Market. I added the colour to the sea and printed it for another project, but here it is being recycled! I've added the lines 'I do like to be beside the seaside' as well.



These postcards and badges of famous places around Dorset are actually bits of a special Dorset collage I designed a while ago.



As I'll be at The Customs House in West Bay, Dorset this Sunday, for one of their Sunday Markets, I'm bringing it along to sell.
So pop down there if you want a unique, one-off seaside souvenir!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment