Tuesday 17 July 2018

BABY-FACED ASSASSIN

At the hundreds of fairs and markets I go to I kept seeing old dolls.
Most look spectacularly scary, especially the Victorian ones, so I thought it would be perfect for a collage.

At the recent Giant Shepton Flea Market I had a lucky find on a stall near me. A whole box of replica Victorian doll's heads!
They actually came from a well-known doll restorer, Lilian Middleton, who runs the Doll's Hospital.
Made as replacement heads for damaged originals, they are unintentionally creepy, especially as they are perfect, with unblemished skin. Ideal for one of my vintage based artworks!

Here is the head as it is ...




And used in an artwork I knocked up today ...




Expect to see this little gem appear in many other guises. I've already done two more artworks with it today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment