Wednesday 19 August 2020

JOAN MANUEL SERRAT

Take a look at these two 1960s Spanish 7" singles!

 



These beauties are from 1968 and 1969.

 

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of JOAN MANUEL SERRAT, but he's a major musician in Spain, and I'm pleased to say he's still going strong!

 

Our Joan is a respected artist out there, and coming from Barcelona, he's not afraid to speak his mind on the Catalan independence debate. 


Import 7" singles from the 60s are still a bit of a novelty here. They have a bit of mystery and glamour about them, mainly as these artists are often unknown in this country.

 

We Brits are a bit naughty when it comes to Euro pop though. 

Because we have such an enormous musical legacy here, we are often a bit sniffy about 'Continental' music, and can be found sniggering at it.

 

But I have to say these songs are probably what you would expect ... CHEESY, DATED (even for the late 60s), MUSICALLY UNCHALLENGING, and TERRIFYINGLY AWFUL!!!!

 

BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!

 

Also, inside one of the record sleeves was something I never expected to see ... a sticker for Woolworths!!!!

 

 

The record was brilliantly bought in a local branch of WOOLWORTH ESPAÑOLA!!! 

I never knew they were out in Spain.

 

And of course with, SATISFACCION GARANTIZADA.

No comments:

Post a Comment