Wednesday 12 June 2019

SIGN OF THE TIMES

As I've been drifting into driftwood art recently, I thought I'd try out another idea I had ...
A set of Dorset signposts with a vintage twist!



All made from wood washed up on the beach at Chesil Cove on the Isle of Portland in Dorset, right next to ArtPix Towers!!



This year I started picking up bits and pieces to use on driftwood art ideas. 
After a storm the beach is always awash with loads of wood, of all shapes and sizes, often with that wonderful worn look to it. 

So I came up with the idea of using it to make something a bit different.
There are various places along Dorset's famous Jurassic Coast featured ... 

Using some vintage images, and a classic 30s/40s font, they make a striking piece of artwork that can be hung on a wall or propped up anywhere!























They are currently in my unit at The Customs House in West Bay, Dorset.
So if they have any takers I'll carry on and make some more!
Hurry up while stocks last!! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment