Tuesday 31 July 2012

ESSEX CRAFT & DESIGN SHOW REPORT!

What an amazing weekend I had at Hyde Hall!

The 2-day extravaganza at the glorious gardens went brilliantly. Nestled in amongst some very talented people in the E-Barn, I was really chuffed to be there. And the punters started rolling in right on 10am, proving how highly regarded these events have become.

Being in such a lovely setting as these gardens, it was so good to be able to have a wander around and take in the fabulous flora and fauna! And to have a natter with the other stallholders!

Sunday's weather forecast wasn't looking very promising, but despite the threatening skies and heavy showers, it turned out to be even busier!

Strange how sales can go, Saturday's crowd were mostly buying cards from me. But Sunday's were buying all sorts of things from my stall! I sold loads of framed pictures, including a lot of my SEASIDE SPECIALS. One of which, I was told, is going to end up in a downstairs loo!!
And the RETRO FOOTBALL cards were absolutely flying off the shelves!

As always I met some great people. Each with their own different stories, reactions and feedback. Someone who had a couple of Tretchikoff paintings hanging on their wall, wanted my 1950s collage to go with them, wow!

Was a shame to pack up the stall in the end, as I was enjoying myself so much, hopefully I'll be back there next year!

Here we are at the E-Barn!

Come this way!

Stall is set up......

Before the mad rush for the SEASIDE SPECIALS!

The beautiful pond at Hyde Hall.

The much visited tea room!

The lovely surrounding countryside.

The amazing Kinetic Seed Sculpture by David Watkinson.

The bees certainly enjoyed their weekend!

Stunning flowers on show!

Another photogenic flower...

More fabulous colours...

Ominous skies and the brolly is already out!

Perfect end to the day, rainbow over Southend seafront on our drive home!

No comments:

Post a Comment